Thursday, January 22, 2009

How Fear Spreads | Thursday Thinker

I'm starting a new tradition for myself. No, not a thinking tradition, a sharing tradition, where I share some of what I think about.*

So here it is. The Thursday Thinker - the Fear thing and how it spreads.

I fear changes. Most people do. I fear changes because I don't know what will happen. I would feel so much better if I knew what would happen after the changes, wouldn't you?

So somehow thinking about fear, shifted me over to dandelions. Yeah, dandelions, those wonderfully goldenrod colored flowers that hide themselves after the sun sets and only reveals themselves again with the rising of the sun.

Did you know, overnight they can go from a beautiful flower to the seed head?

Once the dandelion morphs into the seed head, any movement stirs up and blows as many of the puffy little cottonesque spores off the stalk.

Those seed spores can travel a long way with their little parachutes and in the process fill your yard with an abundance of themselves. That's how they spread. It's just what they do to survive.

You didn't even have to actually do anything for them to spread. Nature does her thing. The spores do their thing and you get dandelions all over your yard. Nature is all about spreading and sharing her abundance, isn't she?

What if fear is like that? What if we don't have to do anything for the fear to spread all over our life? Isn't fear part of nature too? Is the process the same?

Anyway, that's Thinking Thursday. Share your thoughts in the comments but, only if you want to.

Want to share your thoughts somewhere else? Share where that is in the comments.

Okay just comment. Please.

Thanks!


(Thanks to Havi with her rituals, authenticity & quirkiness or I wouldn't be sharing anything real yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not all comments will appear immediately as comment moderation is enabled.