Sunday, February 26, 2006

Soulmates and Relationships

Soulmates and Relationships


As stated, previously, I am single and passively looking.

I've just begun reading, "Find Your Perfect Life Partner" by Sasha LeBaron. (Click the title to find out more.) The very first thing that grabs my attention is in Chapter 1 when the author says, "You are always attracting results into your life." Which then leads him to the statement, "...because like attracts like, you will bring in those who are at your current level of mental, emotional and spiritual development."


OK so, I didn't generally go in for power statements like the above, but I have also been reading another wonderful book about creating an awareness of my thoughts and the resulting actions based on those thoughts, which is showing real promise in other areas of my life. So of course my first thought was, "Now, I understand why I am not seeking a relationship." I realize energy peaks and declines and I happen to be in an energy decline. While, I would not label this a negative state by any means, I am certainly not attracting. Let's call it the state of repelling. If the prior statement is true, then I would be repelling any mutually healthy, loving relationships from my life.

Sasha also proposes another choice, which is to lower the expectations and take whatever comes along.

Wait, sorry, what?! That goes against every thing I hold in my heart and soul. So I shall remain single a little while longer, at least until I have completed my catharsis.

At least I have something to keep my grandmother speechless a little longer.

Oh yeah you can check out the other book I mentioned by clicking below.



It may not be about soulmates and relationships, but it sure is making me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not all comments will appear immediately as comment moderation is enabled.